Racingline Performance Monoblock Brake Upgrade – MK5/MK6 R/GTI, A3/S3, VRS
Our new fast-road & track braking upgrade is packed with features, bringing a real supercar look and feel in the braking department – all at an affordable price.
All the power in the world is next to useless if your stock brakes aren’t up to it. Our RacingLine Monoblock Performance Brake Upgrade is an ultra-durable, fast-road & track solution developed exclusively for VWG cars. We’ve developed these brakes from our decades of motorsport experience, and, as you’d expect, they provide outstanding stopping power again and again. Yet, all at an affordable price.
- Our lightweight Monoblock one-piece construction is usually reserved for the highest-specification motorsport kits, being vastly stiffer and lighter than the original calipers.
- The kit comes in at almost half the weight of the original for significant unsprung mass savings. The caliper, pads and bracket assembly weigh in at 4.4kg (9.7lb) vs 8.6kg (18.9lb) for the factory Golf R kit.
- A bigger, 345mm ‘triple-grove’ disc gives greater heat capacity, thus reducing the effect of fade.
- Smart design features such as our ‘Tru-Loc’ hub adaptor system plus built-in pad-wear indicators are all part of RacingLine’s typical attention to detail.
- Our extensive development programme on piston sizes gives beautiful progressive pedal feel – and that’s because (unlike many) we only develop brakes for VWG cars.
- Fits underneath Volkswagen Pretoria and Cadiz 19″x8″ ET50 alloy wheels (may also clear other factory wheels, however these two wheels have been tested here in our workshop)
- Monoblock Brake Caliper pair
- Caliper Mounting Bracket pair
- Full bolt mounting kit
- Braided Steel Brake Line Set
- Sport Brake Pad Set
- Triple Groove Brake disc pair
MONOBLOCK – The ‘Monoblock’ construction of our 4-piston aluminium thin-profile calipers give extreme stiffness and light weight, and aid in wheel clearance packaging.
GROOVED & VENTED – The discs, with integral mounting bells, use our ‘Triple Groove’ design across the face for improved bite and debris clearance.
DISC QUALITY – Discs made from high cast carbon – a mixture of high quality steel combined with carbon; giving a far higher friction coefficient compared to normal steel rotors.
VWG-SPECIFIC – Engineered exclusively for VWG cars, with piston sizes matched to master cylinders and servos for perfect responses. A full kit of supporting bells, brackets and lines included.
SPORT PADS – Composite Ceramic Sport Pads are included with the ideal compound for fast-road & track use. Unusually for a brake upgrade kit, we’ve included pad wear sensor.
FULL INSTALL KIT – Everything you need for installation: discs, callipers, mounting brackets, fast road pads, braided steel lines. Bolt on – then drive!
Braking upgrades aren’t really about the stopping difference for a single stop.
No, the main reason for using bigger brakes is to increasing the heat capacity when you’re stopping hard again and again. This really matters for repeated stopping when, say, you’re running hard down a mountain pass with no cool-down, or working the car hard around the track.
This really shows on our testing. After just five hard stops from 60mph (100kmh), the difference in stopping distance between stock Golf 7.5R brakes and the RacingLine Performance Brakes is getting really noticeable. The factory brakes are fading fast, the pedal is getting closer to the floor and all the ‘bite’ has gone. Increase the speeds, or do more heavy stops and the factory brake set up is really starting to get beyond its limits.
Meanwhile, the RacingLine brakes perform the same on stop 5 as they did on stop 1. The pedal is firm, the bite is still there, and the feel underfoot is still as reassuring as ever. And ready for more.
‘TRU-LOC’ HUB ADAPTOR SYSTEM
Fitment under your rims is often a challenge with a brake upgrade. Not with RacingLine’s brake kits.
Our unique ‘Tru-Loc’ hub adaptor system allows you to mechanically lock 5, 7 or 10mm hub adaptors into the centre bell. Meaning no need for loose spacers to be added (and approved in markets where spacers are illegal).
Changing your rims? Swapping from summer to winter wheels? No problem, select the appropriate ‘Tru-Loc’ adaptor width and carry on.
- VW Golf 5 2005-2008 1K
- VW Golf 5 GTI 2005-2008 1K
- VW Golf 5 R32 2005-2008 1K
- VW Golf 5 GTI ED30/Pirelli 2006-2007 1K
- VW Golf 6 2008-2014 5K
- VW Golf 6 GTI 2009-2014 5K
- VW Golf 6 GTI Ed35 2009-2014 5K
- VW Golf 6 R 2009-2014 5K
- VW Scirocco TSI/TDI 2008+
- VW Scirocco R 2009+
- VW Jetta V GLI 2005-2011 1K
- VW Jetta VI GLI 2011+ 1B
- VW Passat CC 2008-2017 A6
- Audi A3 2003-2012 8P
- Audi S3 2006-2012 8P
- Audi TT 20 TFSI II 2006-2014 8J
- Audi TTS II 2008-2014 8J
- Skoda Octavia II 2004-2013 1Z
- Skoda Octavia vRS II 2004-2013 1Z
Break-in proceedure – https://hp.net.au/home/6865/
Template for wheel clearance – VWR 345mm MBK Template
|Audi||A3 (8P)||2.0 TURBO (EA113)||2004 - 2008|
|Audi||A3 (8P)||2.0 TURBO (EA888)||2009 - 2012|
|Audi||A3 (8P)||3.2 VR6||2004 - 2009|
|Audi||S3 (8P)||2.0 TURBO (EA113)||2010 - 2012|
|Audi||TT (8J MK2)||2.0 TURBO (EA888)||2012|
|Audi||TT (8J)||2.0 TURBO (EA113)||2007 - 2009|
|Audi||TT (8J)||2.0 TURBO (EA888)||2010 - 2013|
|Audi||TT (8J)||3.2 VR6||2007 - 2010|
|Audi||TTRS (8J)||2.5 TURBO||2009 - 2013|
|Audi||TTS (8J)||2.0 TURBO (EA113)||2008 - 2013|
|Skoda||Octavia (1Z)||2.0 TURBO (EA113)||2005 - 2007|
|Skoda||Octavia (1Z)||2.0 TURBO (EA888)||2008 - 2013|
|Volkswagen||Golf (MK5)||2.0 TURBO (EA113)||2005 - 2008|
|Volkswagen||Golf (MK5)||3.2 VR6||2005 - 2008|
|Volkswagen||Golf (MK6)||2.0 TURBO (EA113) - GTI ED35||2011 - 2012|
|Volkswagen||Golf (MK6)||2.0 TURBO (EA113) - R||2010 - 2012|
|Volkswagen||Golf (MK6)||2.0 TURBO (EA113) - R/GTI ED35||2011 - 2012|
|Volkswagen||Golf (MK6)||2.0 TURBO (EA888) - GTI||2009 - 2013|
|Volkswagen||Golf (MK7)||2.0 TURBO (EA888 GEN 3) - WAGON||2014|
|Volkswagen||Passat (B6)||2.0 TURBO (EA113)||2008|
|Volkswagen||Passat (B6)||2.0 TURBO (EA888)||2009 - 2011|
|Volkswagen||Passat (B7)||2.0 TURBO (EA888 GEN 3)||2014|
|Volkswagen||Passat (B7)||2.0 TURBO (EA888)||2012 - 2014|
|Volkswagen||Scirocco R (1K8)||2.0 TURBO (EA113)||2010 - 2014|